Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The moment before you think...

"The moment before you think you can't, comes the self realization that YOU CAN. Don't underestimate...OVER DELIVER!"  Rx Star

It is absolute bliss when you over deliver rather than underestimate! No one knows (not even you) what you can accomplish when you set your mind toward excellence. This picture is me squat cleaning 95 pounds. We had a work out the other day that was simply this...run 800 meters, do 30 squat cleans, then run 800 meters. The prescribed weight was 95 pounds. I had a moment of underestimating... just do 65 or even 55...gasp!! But, I decided to over deliver. And guess what....I did 95 pounds! It has become quite remarkable to me what the human body can do when you fool your mind into thinking you are stronger than you thought you were. Is 95 pounds some great thing? Probably not. But, guess what...it was remarkable for me!!

I say this to say, whatever your "remarkable feat," go for it. Embrace it with no regrets. Go for it. Is it one push up? Is it 50 push ups? Is it running 3 miles? Is it running to then end of your driveway? Is it starting your day with a good attitude? Is is deciding to start a journey you've been afraid to start? Whatever  your "underestimating" is, just begin. You are always stronger than you think!!

I don't look at that picture and think that I have arrived. I look at that picture and see what I have accomplished to this point, and...that I am a work in progress. PROGRESS..."to move forward in space or time."

We all have a starting point and a finish line. But, today...enjoy the journey. Do what you can and make progress. Move forward. Move through what you thought you could do. DO IT!! Don't underestimate...Over deliver!!!

hugs and peace from one tough mother :)

My work out today...

"Filthy Fifty"
50 box jumps, 20 inch box
50 jumping pull-ups
50 kettle bell swings, 36lbs
50 walking lunges
50 knees to elbows
50 push press, 25lbs
50 back extensions
50 wall ball shots, 14lb ball
50 burpees
50 double-unders

No comments:

Post a Comment