Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Be Thankful Everday!


I was so encouraged and inspired by a blog I read today. She based her blog on the song "10,000 Reasons," by Matt Redmond. (I will post a link to her blog below). I will choose thankfulness. Will you be thankful too? How different our life is when we choose thankfulness over complaining. This is a discipline for sure, but oh the rewards. We all have so much to be thankful for and often times days go by and we fail to see the good. Why is it that we find it so easy to focus on the down and out parts of our life. How much light would be shown to others each day by simply being thankful. I am overwhelmed by this girl's story and the encouragement I found by reading each word. My journey starts today. I am thankful, above all else. Won't you be, as well?

My 10,000 Reasons….July 23, 2013 (Day 1)

1.     I am thankful for Jesus, who knows me and all of my failures and struggles and chooses me anyway.
2.     I am thankful for my husband, Marc. Our 17 years have been both wonderful and hard. But everyday I am thankful for my Mister.
3.     I am thankful for Marc Joseph, the coolest 14 year old I know. He is strong, determined and will have an expensive car one day, haha!
4.     I am thankful for my beautiful Ana, who makes me belly laugh and smile everyday.
5.     I am thankful for my parents, who sacrificed so we could always have more than we needed or deserved.
6.     I am thankful for my in-laws who brought my precious Marc into my life.
7.     I am thankful for Marc’s job. He provides so much for us and he is a hard worker and devoted father.
8.     I am thankful for my brother, who also makes me laugh. Ana must get that from him.
9.     I am thankful for my sisters-in-law, who have become my sisters in every way.
10. I am thankful for all my nieces and nephews. I have a ton and they are awesome!
11. I am thankful for Darla, my best friend for over 20 years and still to this day can text me and bring a smile, bring hope, and bring joy in every way to my soul. 
12. I am thankful for Christina, who has become one of my best friends, as well. She makes my heart smile everyday.
13. I am thankful Christina lives with us. She has become a lifeline for Marc Joseph and Ana.
14. I am thankful for Tosha, who came along in my life when I was in such a dark place. Her friendship helped bring me to a new place. She still challenges me everyday.
15. I am thankful for Dwayne, who is still like my big brother. I would go to any country with him to share Jesus’ love.(Thanks for pushing that Tuk Tuk in our time of need, hee hee!)
16. I am thankful for the final four. Those girls are my soul.
17. I am thankful for my patio on any night. 
18. I am thankful that my dad’s surgery this week that will add years to his life.
19. I am thankful for music! My soul finds rest in the perfect song.
20. I am thankful that I can set my thermostat on 65 degrees everynight and freeze out by family, but it is so glorious.
21. I am thankful for my job of tutoring homeschool kids, even when I feel overwhelmed.
22. I am thankful for my church and the opportunity to be on the worship team.
23. I am thankful to be leading 7th grade girls to have a passion for Jesus.
24. I am thankful for grace….so much grace afforded to me in my life.
25. I am thankful for showers after grueling workouts.
26. I am thankful for my IMA family; friends I wouldn’t know were it not for crossfit.
27. I am thankful for this time of year when it’s the CrossFit games!! 

Check out this blog...it will inspire you to be thankful too. 
http://10kreasons.wordpress.com/
 


No comments:

Post a Comment