Saturday, June 30, 2012

Change is a Good Thing

photo from CrossFit Lisbeth
Try! That's a funny word. Try, simply defined is "to attempt to do or accomplish." How many of us, at one time or another, have decided to try to loose weight, try to get stronger, try to be patient, try to be more organized, try to be consistent, try to finish that book, try to learn to cook, try to save money, etc. You get the idea. The list goes on and on. How many things have we all attempted, only to discover we weren't perfect or we couldn't finish, therefore we shouldn't try? What if we all quit trying and started doing? What if we weren't paralyzed by fear of failure and just jumped in with both feet? What if we were able to NOT just ride out the storm, but actually, dance in the rain? What if every ending was a happy ending? (that's a tall order) What if? What if? What if?

I have been challenged recently to NOT try anymore. It's time to do. If I am passionate about being a great homeschool mom, I don't try. I do what it takes to become that great homeschool mom. If I want to be more patient, I don't try to be patient. I practice patience. If I want to be kind, I can't just simply try to be nice. I have to do kind things, say kind words, extend kindness. If I want to change my family's lifestyle so that we are active and healthy and around for each other for a very very long time, then I quit trying. I simply do! I plan vacations differently. I plan meals differently. I plan my life differently. I absolutely put the time in to do the things that God has called me to do and become the person He's calling me to be. It's okay to slip and fail in a moment. It's going to happen. But it's not okay...never okay to quit. And trying, in my opinion, sort of represents that abyss of deciding whether or not I am going to DO!

I am so blessed by the gifts in my life...my husband, my children, my friends and family.  But, I can't remain in the place I sit today! I must DO! I must do things differently. I have to be a good steward over those blessings in my life, not try to be. So, here's to not trying! Here's to doing!

Be strong! Be consistent! Be intentional! BE! Change is a good thing!

Hugs and peace from one tough mother.

"He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding" Daniel 2:21

1 comment:

  1. In our leadership class this summer we learned that "I'll try" is just a prolonged "no". I love the way you've replaced that prolonged "no" with a will DO attitude. (You stepped on my toes with a few of these - especially the vacation planning one. OUCH!)
    Love the way you think! Keep writing my friend....as always, you are one of my heros!!!
    Donna
    anotherbattlewon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete