Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things


My 10,000 Reasons…July 24, 2013 (Day 2)


Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.  ~G.B. Stern

I was amazed today by my change in perspective simply by being thankful. Instead of sitting down to compile my list at one time, I went threw my day and randomly made notes as the day rocked on. It really surprised me that my ability to choose gratitude completely overtook my desire to whine and complain. Now, this is no easy task. We all get stressed with jobs, finances, family, our health and the health of our loved ones…the list goes on and on. My day wasn’t perfect, but the difference…my choice to see differently…my choice to be thankful!

1.     I am thankful for Spark (energy is awesome).
2.     I am thankful for coffee…the smell, the taste, the coziness.
3.     I am thankful for my quiet house this morning to read and pray.
4.     I am thankful for the workout of the day (WOD).
5.     I am thankful for my coach that pushes me. I love that I set myself up for doing a workout at 95#, and he says, "Go 115#," and I can! Smiles, smiles and more smiles! 
6.     I am thankful for meal replacement shakes with a half of a banana. Perfect for after a workout.  
7.     I am thankful that my kids are home from their friends’ house and that they are laughing.
8.     I am thankful for ponytail holders.
9.     I am thankful for my comfy bed.
10. I am thankful that I have a car so I can travel to Mississippi for Dad’s surgery.
11. I am thankful that Dad’s surgery is early so he doesn't have to worry about a diabetic episode.
12. I am thankful for my life group. They accept me. They speak truth to me, and make me laugh  everyday.  I love days when there’s a group text going on.
13. I am thankful for my flip flops.
14. I am thankful for the phone call from The Mister, this evening.
15. I am thankful for that person who said the right thing at the right time today, to challenge me and make me think about opportunities all around us, everyday.
16. I am thankful for the conversations that Marc Joseph and I have after youth on Wednesday nights.
17. I am thankful for my friends, Charlie and Cassie, expecting their first child. I can't wait to meet baby Mac.
18. I am thankful for late night takeout.
19. I am thankful for allergy medication.
20. I am thankful for bedtime prayers with my children.
21. I am thankful for the Crossfit Games. Seriously, I love this stuff!!
22. I am thankful that my God supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory. I don’t have to be alarmed or stress about the cares of life.
23. I am thankful that when my heart is overwhelmed, I can pray and worship.
24. I am thankful for friends that are smarter than me.
25. I am thankful that my children are healthy and strong.
26. I am thankful for my friends in Cambodia who rescue and care for children that need hope in a hopeless situation.
27. I am thankful for sore muscles. It means I worked hard today and I will sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment