Monday, November 2, 2009

DON'T give up!

There have been times in my life that I have begun this quest for health and strength. In every instance, every single time, without exception, I have come to question my choices to change. Thoughts and questions come to mind..."this is too hard!" "I am sick and tired of this!" "Is this really going to be for the rest of my life?" "No one understands how I feel." I need some chocolate!"

What makes these questions different for me now than before is that my goals are different. Before the goal had been just to get skinny, not to get healthy. The goal had been to get into those skinny jeans instead of setting an example of health for my kids. The silent voices in my head telling me to quit are still there, but there is another voice...a louder voice...saying, "You can't quit now! You have a new life, a new lifestyle, a new way of living."

As I was pondering these thoughts of quitting, I was reminded of Jesus and how He, too, wanted to quit. When He knew the cross was closer than ever, that sooner than later He would lose His life in the most excruciating way, He said, "if there is any other way...let this cup pass from me." However, in His clarity, with me and all of humanity in mind, He then said, "but not My will but Your will be done."

I am by no means comparing myself to Jesus or comparing my struggle for health to be in any way equal to His sacrifice on the cross. But, what I am saying is that it is refreshing for me and gives me great encouragement to know that in great PAIN and sacrifice there is great VICTORY.

So, I am going to take my cue from the dearest friend I have and not quit and not give up. The rewards far outweigh the cost. My health not only brings joy and strength to me...but to my husband and my children, my family and my friends.

Here's to us and here's to health! Life is worth living!! Go and be strong!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Dixie this will be my motivation as I am preparing to run a marathon on February 28th. I did not realize how hard it is to keep your mind on other things besides your running during your long runs. This will help. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete